Friday, June 15, 2012

Flicks from CVS

CVS always lures me in with their e-mailed coupons. This time it was 30% off in-store items, excluding sale items, good through June 17, 2012. I strolled around. Nothing really caught my eye. I was about to leave the store, when these caught my eye...
A Flicks candy display right by the checkout. 
Flicks
They came in several different colors, including, green, yellow, red. I, of course, chose the blue. At first, I was wondering if the different colors signified different flavors, but none of them mentioned anything about flavors, so I figured they must be the same. I just checked out their website. I was right. They're all the same.
The packaging is like a film-themed, metallic wrapper decorating what seems to be the cardboard from inside a roll of toilet paper, lol. Once you open up the sides, there is a silver package filled with what looks like little...chocolate chips!
I thought they'd be tiny, but they're a pretty good size. Like about the size of a dime, I'd say. 

Price: $0.99 with your CVS card. I don't recall what the actual price is without CVS card, sorry.
After 30% off, they were only about $0.70. 
Not bad to try out a new candy. Well they're new to me. They've actually been around since 1904 and have been using the same recipe ever since!
I think I might hold onto this toilet paper decorated tube. It could be cute for storing pens. But it's not sturdy, so I don't know what I'm thinking. Will probably finish chocolates and toss out the packaging by the end of today.

They taste pretty good, like milk chocolate. They're fun to try, but I don't think they're amazingly special, so if you don't live near a CVS, you're not missing out.
For others who have enjoyed this in their adolescent days, I hope you are enjoying wonderful feelings of nostalgia about the good 'ol days! ... Because they're never coming back...lol jk!

No comments:

Post a Comment