Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dinner at Little Tokyo

Little Tokyo is a sushi restaurant (stating the obvious). Sushi can be hit or miss, because you never know how fresh the fish is. That's the most important part about eating sushi. In my opinion, it's all about the raw fish.
Now they don't have a good website. I ate here several days ago, so I don't remember all the names, so I'm just going to go with my best guess.

Salmon Sashimi

Yum...You really can't go wrong with fresh, raw salmon. As long as it's cut to a decent size and presentation is not too shabby, it should be good.

Chicken Teri Don (Donburi Rice Bowl)

Chicken was delicious, with nice and savory teriyaki sauce. 
Japanese pickles added crunchy texture and sour taste to balance out the sweetness of the teriyaki.
Seaweed salad is something I've always enjoyed, so I'm glad that was in there.

I don't usually order rice dishes at sushi restaurants. Normally I go with all rolls, but that day I guess I was in the mood for some chicken and rice.

Tuna Poke Roll
Tuna was just what I expected, pulverized into tasty, spicy mush.
Cucumber slices added a nice contrasting crunch.
Seaweed salad I decided to eat separately from the actual roll. I don't think it was the best combination. It tasted tough and chewy on top of the roll.


Baked Scallop Roll

The picture pretty much speaks for itself.
This was creamy, salty, sweet, and delicious.
The roll itself has imitation crab, which I could have done without, but that's only because I'm not a fan of imitation crab. Also, they could have gone a little lighter on the mayonnaise(? whatever that creamy stuff is), but everyone's taste is different.
The baked scallop with rice and tobiko tastes good enough on its own.

Delicious, would eat here again.

5 comments:

  1. ughh all this looks soooo good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! Thanks for visiting my page!

      Delete
  2. Everything looks soooo delicious! Thanks for visiting my blog & commenting! I think the macarroons from Providence were pretty good, but one day, I'd love to try some from France <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuna poke roll?! YUM! Wait- is this a new blog of yours? I don't remember seeing this one before! So happy to see you're a foodie just like me! haha.

    Sorry about replying so late to your last comment, but how did you like France when you visited? I totally fell in love. If you get the chance, you need to go back again! I can't wait to go back to Paris! I'm hoping next summer!

    Yea sometimes I find great deals at discount stores, but it's a lot a work, I agree! It helps me control my spending though b/c when I shop at dept stores, I end up spending more than I should! :x Online shopping is wonderful, especially when there's free shipping. haha.

    Yea sometimes I handwash my delicate items or wash it with other delicates in the laundry machine in a special mesh bag or on low setting.

    Thank you so much for your comment again and sorry it took this long for me to reply! I really appreciate your support. It means a lot!!!

    http://www.theShopaholic247.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's relatively new. Did I link the wrong blog in your comments? Knowing me, I probably did.
      Lately, I've become somewhat of a blog-aholic, on top of clothes, shoes, & FOOD of course.

      I love France! I've been trying to get back ever since I left, lol.

      & you don't need to apologize. Blogging is not everything! but it is kind of fun haha.

      Delete